Pirates of the Caribbean
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirates of the Caribbean

Come and roam the open ocean and explore. Will you be a Pirate or a Landlubber both are welcome in this epic journey.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Important Links
Rules Post profiles here Claims Jobs
Latest topics
» Luna Vermiculus University
Settling In I_icon_minitime17/6/2015, 1:57 am by Helena Jay

» Peskipiksi Pesternomi
Settling In I_icon_minitime25/7/2012, 9:12 am by Guest

» Wandering About (Open)
Settling In I_icon_minitime21/7/2012, 7:24 am by Jezebel Knockboots

» Time to set Sail
Settling In I_icon_minitime20/7/2012, 9:42 pm by Mirror Image

» Out for a Walk
Settling In I_icon_minitime15/7/2012, 10:52 am by Kari Readour

» A fish out of water ( Mature Content)
Settling In I_icon_minitime4/7/2012, 8:54 pm by Tessa Grey

» Coming up stranger(Jack,open)
Settling In I_icon_minitime4/7/2012, 6:52 pm by Acacia Lucius

» Tessa's Away
Settling In I_icon_minitime4/7/2012, 10:41 am by Jaded Rock

» When a noble is in trouble
Settling In I_icon_minitime3/7/2012, 2:05 am by Captain Jack Sparrow

Top posters
Mirror Image
Settling In I_vote_lcapSettling In I_voting_barSettling In I_vote_rcap 
Kari Readour
Henric Sparrow
Nym Ashford
Jezebel Knockboots
Tessa Grey
Jaded Rock
Natasha Bloodbath
Helena Jay
Marco Devane
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 12 on 9/8/2015, 4:18 am

Settling In

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kari Readour
Governors
Governors
Kari Readour

Shillings : 100

Settling In Empty
PostSubject: Settling In   Settling In I_icon_minitime22/5/2012, 3:27 pm

Kari lead Marco to the rear of the house where his quarters were going to be.

"First I would like you to get settled in a little bit. Maybe take a shower, get something to eat." Kari tried to be reassuring.

"I don't want you to feel just like a servant to me, I would like to be your friend." Kari said.
Back to top Go down
Marco Devane
Civilians
Civilians
Marco Devane

Shillings : 37

Settling In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In I_icon_minitime22/5/2012, 5:35 pm

Marco nodded at Kari and thought that a shower a shower did sound good. The area that was going to be his quarters looked better than the last one in an old shack. "Thank you Madam I shall do that." Calling her Kari was still a stretch for him he didn't think if right to call employers by their name so he stuck with madam.

Marco waited for her to leave before he really looked over the room and headed over to the shower and turned it on let it run until it was Luke warm and got in he relaxed as the water ran over his body he only lingered enough to clean himself however. He got dressed in a clean pair of clothes and went for a search of food.

Finding the kitchens he quickly made himself a simple meal and made his way back to hid room after he ate it. Marco looked in the pockets of his torn jacket for his chewing tobacco and cut off a piece and popped it into his mouth chewed it and spat into a cup which he brought from the kitchen he then took the wad out of his mouth.

Marco felt settled enough and went looking for his new empolyer he was eager to get started working for her.
Back to top Go down
Kari Readour
Governors
Governors
Kari Readour

Settling In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In I_icon_minitime22/5/2012, 5:53 pm

Kari did not wonder too far away from Marco, it was not that she didn't trust him, she just didn't want him to get lost or scared, he seemed like a lost boy to her and she wanted to make him found.

She finally saw Marco come back out of his rooms and he looked a whole lot better than he did when he arrived she had to smile.

"Wow, I would say with some fresh clothes you will be able to pass for a gentlemen." Kari gave him a reassuring smile

Kari patted the seat next to her on the little bench she was sitting on "Come here let us talk about your duties."
Back to top Go down
Marco Devane
Civilians
Civilians
Marco Devane

Settling In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In I_icon_minitime22/5/2012, 6:14 pm

Marco smiled a little at Kari he really did feel alot better that he was now clean and had something to eat. He went and sat beside her though he sat more on the edge of the chair he didn't want to get himself comfortable just in case he would end up being punished or something. However Kari didn't seem like his last employer who seemed to take pleasure of doing to his servants.

He was not sure what he was going to do but he was most grateful of her for giving a poor boy a job and a place to stay. It was true that he was an adult but just barely. "So what shall I be doing for you and are there any rules that I need to know of madam."

Back to top Go down
Kari Readour
Governors
Governors
Kari Readour

Settling In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In I_icon_minitime22/5/2012, 6:31 pm

Kari was still wearing her cutoff pants and t-shirts so she still looked just like a commoner, so she turned on the bench and looked at him. She could tell he was still very nervous about being in the house.

Kari placed a hand on Marco's knee, "Marco, its ok, I promise I am not going to hurt you." She tried to show him a very comforting smile.

Kari pulled her hand back and placed it in her lap, but she was still turned looking at him. She really felt for him, he seemed so broken.

"My rules around here are simple, no drinking, no stealing, and the only one you are to take orders from are me. You are my helper and no one else unless I ask you."

Kari just kept looking at Marco, "I really want you to feel like this is your home, so please so not think of yourself as my servant, you are my helper., if you do not feel comfortable calling me Kari, how about Ms. Kari. Madam makes me look for my mother."
Back to top Go down
Marco Devane
Civilians
Civilians
Marco Devane

Settling In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In I_icon_minitime22/5/2012, 6:56 pm

The no drinking rule might be an issue since he was kind of became addicted however he would work on it if it meant he had a job.

"Mad... I mean Ms. Kari I must confess I may be slightly addicted to the bottle however I am willing to work on it." He thought that it would be best to be upfront and honest with her. He said as he scooted back a little feeling slightly more comfortable around her. But not enough to tell her his real age he honestly was really just a teen who was just barely sixteen.

He forced himself to relax he knew that she probably realized that he was a little scared but who wouldn't be if your only former empolyer beat you for no reason at all.
Back to top Go down
Kari Readour
Governors
Governors
Kari Readour

Settling In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In I_icon_minitime22/5/2012, 8:10 pm

Kari listened to Marco talk and she could completely understood where he was coming from, her father had a problem towards the end of his life.

"How about I make a deal with me. I will give you some rum at the end of the day for you to have in your room?"

Kari knew how hard it was and she was not going to make him quit cold turkey.
Back to top Go down
Marco Devane
Civilians
Civilians
Marco Devane

Settling In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In I_icon_minitime22/5/2012, 10:46 pm

Marco was glad that he would be allowed some rum and he would try to cut back on the amount she gave him until he didn't need it any more. He knew that he would have to eventually share his real age with her but he was not willing to give out that information yet.

"That would be most agreeable." He was starting to like it here for one thing he was now sure he wouldn't be beaten for doing nothing wrong. However he had to ask about her feelings on tobacco because he loved his chew and an occasional cigar.

"Ms Kari I must ask what is your opinion on tobacco? For I have also have an addiction to the chew. Oh and how would you react if I told you I may of lied about my age?" He hated revieling all this but it had to be done she was his empolyer and needed to know the facts about him.
Back to top Go down
Kari Readour
Governors
Governors
Kari Readour

Settling In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In I_icon_minitime23/5/2012, 2:37 am

Kari smiled at him when he said that he would agreeable to the cut back. "Well I can't even imagine talking it all away from you, that would not be good."

Kari listened when he asked about tobacco, and then when he mentioned something about his age she gave a little smirk.

"What that you are actually 16, it is really ok I do understand." Kari smiled and then went to answer his question about his tobacco.

"I do not care if you crew, but I ask you do not spit in front of anyone and carry your own can to spit into."

Kari knew they needed to talk about cleaning jobs, "Along with my house I need to to keep up with my sisters house, she is gone long periods of time and I know it has to be looked after."
Back to top Go down
Marco Devane
Civilians
Civilians
Marco Devane

Settling In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In I_icon_minitime23/5/2012, 10:51 am

Marco was kind of shocked that she knew he wasn't eighteen but she might of found his birth certifcate. "I am shocked that you know my age."

He listened as she explained what he was to do. 'So I am to take care of two houses. Not bad.'

"That is agreeable. I must thank you again for this job." He smiled again however he was not used to being so friendly with his employer. He was used to be treating like dirt and a good for nothing servant the lowest of the low.
Back to top Go down
Kari Readour
Governors
Governors
Kari Readour

Settling In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In I_icon_minitime24/5/2012, 12:44 am

Kari could not help but smile, "I try to keep up with all the orphan childrens. I have a big heart and I like to help everyone."

Kari sat back a little on the seat and smiled, "This house is pretty easy to care for because I have a lot of staff. For the most part you will be helping me. The big job is my sisters house."

Kari had just got an idea, "Here house is just next door, and I believe at some point I might just let you live there."

Kari thought that would be perfect then the house would not be empty.
Back to top Go down
Marco Devane
Civilians
Civilians
Marco Devane

Settling In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In I_icon_minitime24/5/2012, 1:44 am

Marco sighed and began to relax which he didn't like for if he was relaxed then he wouldn't be able to see an attack coming and therefore be able to ward it off.

"So I guess you know that my dates of my story were wrong then. I would love to help with whatever You want. I don't mind hard work every once and awhile in fact it keeps me distracted from drinking for if I am tired I don't drink."
Back to top Go down
Kari Readour
Governors
Governors
Kari Readour

Settling In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In I_icon_minitime24/5/2012, 2:48 am

Kari smiled and then stood up and pulled down her shirt,

"I just want you to feel comfortable being here, I can give you a list of things that you can do everyday to keep you busy."

Kari laughed a little, "I imagine you will be spending most of your time at Melinda's, she is such a slob, and there is probably a years worth of dirt and grim."

Kari was walking back to her suite and then she turned around, "I want you to know you can come to me with any problems you have, I want you to feel safe with me."

Kari had only been with him a few hours and could already see him like her little brother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Settling In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settling In   Settling In I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Settling In
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pirates of the Caribbean :: England :: Houses :: Governor's Mansion :: First Floor :: Marco's Quarters-
Jump to: